Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cross Country Excursion Part 2: Billings

From Indiana, we took a car ride (at 3:30 am!) up to Chicago Midway Airport and flew to Billings.  This was Alia's first airplane ride and I was sooooo nervous.  But she did really well.  In fact, one passenger came up to me after the flight and complimented us on her behavior saying that they hardly knew a baby was even there.  Then, after a quick layover in Denver (PS-People really like to chat with you in airports when you have a cute baby strapped to you!) we were in Billings!  Hurray!

It was so great to see so much of the fam.  Alia got to meet quite a few of her cousins and aunts and uncles, and also see some she hadn't seen in a while. :)

While we were there, we played a lot of games, played with kids, and overall just enjoyed each other.  I also got to help out with Rachel's senior pix (and her hair, of course).  We sisters had a fun morning running all over the place finding just the right backgrounds for Rachel to pose.  I can't believe my baby sis is almost all growed up!  I also took Mom and Rachel to the salon to get feathers put in their hair.  This was particularly amusing/fun because we got Mom to put one in.  Yes, that's the same mom who would've freaked out if I had colored my hair in high school. :)  I LOVED it!  And of course, Jared and I got to cook a meal, and introduce the fam to some more of my "hippie food".

I wish the trip could've been longer, but it was so  great to be there.  Family is such a blessing, especially when you've got kids.  I love my fam sooo much and can't wait for the next big get-together...Vegas at Thanksgiving? ;)

Okay, how cool?  We were waiting for our luggage at the Billings airport, and what was there to great me but this sign!  Love it!
Yay!  Michelle and her cute (and grown up!) boys stopped by for a visit.  I miss you, chica!
Rachel, hard at work making all us gals lots of necklaces.  She's getting really good!
Jared and not-so-baby Trey!
No, that's not me, that's Melinda with Alia.  (we did get the same top while we were in town)
Cousins
So cute...
With Grandma and Grandpa.  She's definitely an Ostler!
Love it!

No comments:

Fun Pictures of our Family