Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas

We went to Utah this Christmas to be with Jared's family (and my sister-who had the baby). Christmas at the Ashworths is always an adventure, and this year did not disappoint. 5 of Jared's siblings and spouses and ALL of the neices an nephews were there, so we definitely had a full house. We did all the traditional Ashworth things: ate our body weight in cheeseball and homemade salami, played games to all hours of the night, did the "Christmas dance", and just enjoyed being loud, crude, and altogether silly. :)

Also, because Melinda had the baby, most of my family was able to make it down to Utah. This was fantastic because I was able to see them and enjoy a little Ostler time (which believe it or not, is a little more tame than Ashworth time).

Of course, I was blessed to be the family hairstylist for both families. I think we counted and I did 14 haircuts total. But, hey at least I'm needed! Someone's gotta keep the family beautiful! But all in all it was a great Christmas. It's hard to be away from family, and I've especially felt it sinced we moved across the country. But, thanks to technology it's really just a plane ride away!

Here's some fun pictures from Christmas...Enjoy!
Silly family picture.
After what seemed like an ETERNITY, we were finally able to take a good family picture.
Here's Jared reading a card while we are all playing "Pete and Kate Land," a board game made up by Jared's sister Emily with trivia all about the parents.
Presents, presents, presents...
Jared and I were the props for figuring out where to set up the camera for the family picture. Here we are being dweeby, as usual...
I got to spend lots of time this year playing with our neices and nephews. I can't believe how big these kids are getting! Here we are playing princesses at a tea party.
Jared and Eliza...She just adores him!
Me, Abby, and Hannah...and a bit of Eliza...
How many people can we fit on the couch?
Per family tradition, on Christmas Eve, we act out the Nativity. Jared and I got to play Joseph and Mary this year...
Mama Kate tearing up a rug with her version of the Christmas dance.

No comments:

Fun Pictures of our Family