My sister Suzie flew out for the birth and was here a week before she actually came and for the week after Alia was born. It was great to have her here. We always have such a fun time together, and I had extra help and my own personal nurse/photographer around. Can't beat that. :)
Well, then Suzie flew out and the following day my mom flew in. I loved having my mom here. She helped take care of both me and the baby. She also helped me with some projects, like sewing a jacket for Alia's blessing dress (by "help" I mean I watched and she sewed) Plus, it's just nice to have visitors, especially my mom, when we're so far away from home.
Then, that following weekend, my dad flew in for a 3-day weekend. We felt very special, because it literally takes some big natural disaster or event for my dad to shut down the shop, and he did it just for us. :) It was a lot of fun to have both my parents around for the weekend. We even scored some tickets to the Duke women's bball game vs. UNC. We sat right behind the team (and ironically Alia's pediatrician sat with the team-she works as one of their trainers). You can't beat going to a sporting event with two great sport lovers like my mom and dad.
Well that weekend, Jared blessed Alia at church. Since she was barely over 2 weeks old, I was pretty nervous bringing her to church. I prayed that everything would go well, that she would be good during sacrament and wouldn't mess through nor spit up on her dress. :) Alia was a little angel! She looked liked a little princess with her HUGE tutu dress, and she slept all through sacrament. The blessing was beautiful, she has such a great daddy! Then after the blessing, Jared held her up for everyone to see and she smiled. :) So sweet. It was such a great weekend. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful parents, and an amazing little family of my own. I couldn't have a better husband or love a little daughter more!
 |
| Getting Alia dressed for the big event. |
 |
| Alia with Grandma and Grandpa. |
 |
| Yes...we did color coordinate...kinda... :) |
 |
| Me with my favorite 2 people in the whole world! |
No comments:
Post a Comment