So, finally some pictures you've all been waiting for. :) Here's the story: After I was overdue, my doctor decided to schedule me to be induced. But, the hospital was "booked" and we couldn't actually schedule an induction until the 15th (I was due on the 4th). We were pretty upset that we had to wait that long because my sister was already in town and I was just ready to no longer be pregnant. Well, at my 41 week appointment, they had to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was still okay...the amniotic fluid wasn't low...etc. They also checked the baby's projected birthweight. After she checked it, she got really quiet and double checked. Then she told me that the projected birthweight was 10 lbs 15 oz! Well, they pulled in the head doctor and told me that that was grounds for an elected c-section. I told them that if they could get me into the hospital to be induced that day, I would try to do it naturally. I guess that jumped up my "importance" so they were eventually able to find me a room, and at about 9:00 that night (on the 10th) I was induced.
I don't think the doctors ever thought I'd be able to push her out, but they humored me nonetheless. Eventually my doctor did come in a basically told me not to be a martyr and to get an epidural since they would have to drug me up for a c-section anyway. But, after about 18 hours of labor, I still wasn't dilated past 3 cm. The baby's head was starting to swell since she was trying to get out. They doctor said that this indicated that she was too big for me to push out. So, they rushed me in for an emergency c-section.
Jared was allowed in the room during the surgery, but had to stay behind the curtain with me until they actually pulled the baby out. I was so drugged up that I was falling asleep. So, to keep me awake, Jared and I sang song's like Queen's "Pressure" and "Tie Your Mother Down" and Salt n Peppa's "Push It" during the surgery. Then, when they pulled her out, I think the doctor's were a bit disappointed that she wasn't 11 lbs. Only 9 lbs 2 oz and 20.5 inches long! (I'm thinking that was pretty darn big) Well, I only got to see her for a sec before they took her and Jared to the nursery and finished up my surgery. I finally got to hold my baby about 4 hours later after I was released from the recovery room. But, she didn't leave my side after that. :)
Here's some pics from the hospital of our beautiful little Alia (pronounced AH-lee-uh) Kathryn (after Jared's mom):
 |
| This is right after we were admitted to the hospital before I was induced. |
 |
| The last pic of just our little family of 2. |
 |
During the induction, I was only allowed to eat/drink clear fluids.
 |
| Jared had to suit up from head to toe to be in the operating room with me. So cute! |
 |
| My first pic with little Alia, right after she was born. Look at those lips! |
|
 |
| Look at the thigh rolls! Love 'em! |
 |
9 lbs 2 oz, the same weight as her Daddy. (but officially the biggest Ostler)
 |
| Proud Daddy bringing her in to meet Mom. |
|
 |
| Mommy holding Alia for the first time. :) |
 |
| Visitors! |
 |
| With Aunt Suzie |
 |
| Love this pic with Dad! |
 |
| Already embarrassing her. |
 |
| More pictures of the beautiful "little" girl. |
 |
| More friends visiting |
 |
| What a doll! |
 |
| Our new family of 3! |
 |
| Welcome to the world, beautiful little Alia Kathryn Ashworth! |
5 comments:
oh, i love that little girl! Thanks for the pics...and keep 'em coming!
Heart.
Oh, I'm getting so sad that we weren't there! She looks adorable and you guys are a cute little family. Miss you tons! not going to cry...
I'm so glad everything went well and you have your precious little girl. She is beautiful. I have a confession to make...when you posted your status about the ultrasound I wrote that they are sometimes way off. I decided not to mention that my baby actually ended up being much bigger than their estimation :) I really didn't think that was very likely for you, though. In my case it worked out - they would have never let me try to labor if they'd known how big he really was. Again, congratulations!
What a beautiful birth story and what a precious little girl! HUGE congrats to you both, she couldn't ask for better parents! :-)
Post a Comment