So, Spring has finally come, and a littler to quickly it's turning into Summer. But it's been fun to see the flowers blooming and enjoy some of the beautiful Spring colors. Well, outside our house, and really all over Durham, there are a bunch of Dogwood trees. They began to bloom and were covered with beautiful white flowers. Walking out my front door one day, I was surprised to finally understand that primary song. Because it really did look like popcorn popping on the trees! All to quickly, the flowers are turning to leaves, and pollen is a plenty in the air. But once in a while, I can really appreciate the MANY trees throughout the city...
3 comments:
And you used to sing that song so well - almost as well as "Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire"...ok, it might be a toss-up and I haven't heard you sing for a while...
yes, the beautiful trees are about the only thing that make the humidity and high pollen count okay...almost :)
looking forward to seeing you two next weekend.
This really makes me miss our old home; we had a tree just like it! The kids and I would sing the Popcorn song while looking out the window.
Post a Comment