So, a couple weeks ago, I deserted Jared and went to LA for a short visit. I was so looking forward to this, and I would tell anyone that would listen that "I was going to LA!".
I had a great time. I stayed with our friends, Kirsten and Mark (and Britton). Of course I did a bit of hair (everyone needs beautying up when I'm in town, but we had a blast mostly just hanging out like old times. Kirsten appeased me and we went to eat at all the places that I've been so craving since we left. Even though I still chat with her quite a bit on the phone, I've really missed the "girl time" we used to have, and with all my friends back in LA. It's rare. I think, to find the few friends that you can just be completely yourself with. No pretenses, just nerdy, dweeby, silly Kristie (and they still like me anyway). I miss that... But, I was also able to go to Church and visit my Young Women that I used to teach. This was so much fun, because I didn't tell any of them that I was coming, so they were completely shocked when I just walked in. I've really missed that calling too! Maybe, I can talk the stake presidency into flying me out for girl's camp. I would definitely come in a heart beat! :)
Then, I rented a car -haha,I'm 25!- and drove up to Camarillo to stay the day with my Grandma. Well, I rented the cheapest car possible, but they didn't have any available, so they upgraded me for free to a Mustang convertible! I felt pretty snazzy, and it was totally worth the extra gas $$. It was beautiful and sunny when I drove back, so I put the top down and drove the entire 50+ miles on the freeway! It was a bit cold and I'm sure I looked like a lunatic (especially when I got back into town and my hair was completely froed out!), but it was so much fun and totally worth it!
Visiting Grandma was great too. I've really missed her since we left, and we had a great time together. She kicked my trash at a couple games, took me to her ward's RS activity (where we made "I Spy" bags, and then introduced me to a couple neighbors. She even let me hot rod her around for a bit in the mustang.
Well, as all good things must, my time in LA came to an end, and I had to head back home. I really didn't want to (except I was missing my Jared). We did, however manage to arrange a 3 hour layover in Minneapolis. This was perfect, because my best friend Dani (since like 7th grade) lives there. She came and picked me up from the airport and we went out to lunch/dinner. Of course, the hour plus I spent with her was way too short, but it was long overdue, and I'm so glad I was able to.
All in all, it was a great trip. Unfortunately it made me miss LA even more...well more the people than anything. I'll definitely have to plan another excursion out there sometime soon. Of course, you all could come and visit me too! :)


2 comments:
Sounds like a great adventure! Glad you could take the trip. Looking forward to your travels to the northwest!
it was so great to see you in YW! :D
Post a Comment