I always have fun with Kirsten and Mark, and Alia had a BLAST with their kids, Kaia and Britton. (it's really a shame that we live on opposite sides of the country).
But the week was so much fun and the weather was quite nice (especially for early February). We didn't do as many obviously touristy things (I've done most of that in trips past, and we had 3 kids to entertain) but we had some fun adventures.
We went to a really cool science museum (very kid friendly), saw some fun animals (the otters were just showing off the whole time), and played at the biggest playground I've ever seen.
We went to the Oakland Zoo. This was Alia's first time at a real zoo, and she LOVED seeing all the animals. That is, until she saw these adorable little monkeys, and wanted to take one ("Mommy, I neeed that!"). Then she simply neeeeeeded to have every animal we saw, or at least go in their cage to play with them. :)
We went to Golden Gate Park. The park was HUGE and Beautiful! There were so many gardens, playgrounds, hiking trails, playgrounds, etc. You wouldn't believe you were still in the city. Unfortunately we didn't have too much time to enjoy (we could've enjoyed days there), but we had fun. Of course Alia "needed" to go in every bit of water that she saw. :)
And of course, no trip to SF is complete without some sourdough pizza and Ghiradelli chocolate. :)
Think we wore them out a bit? :)We also made sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. Alia was intrigued with making them, until she tried one....
...Then she couldn't handle just decorating. It was eat or be eaten! (and the mean mom that I am, I only let her have one)
Thanks, Reeders, for letting up come play. We love you guys! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment