Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween in Neverland

We had A LOT of fun with Halloween this year.  I decided to be a bit crazy and make our costumes.  This was definitely the most sewing I've ever put into costumes, but they turned out pretty dang cute!  And we had quite a few things to go to, so it made it almost worth my while.  Okay, Alia loved being "Teen-ter-BELL" with Mom as "Pee-ta-PAN" and Dad as "Hooook" and saying "Tick-or-TEAT!" so, yeah, it was definitely worth it!  Here are pictures from all the festivities:

We carved pumpkins - Jared made Jack Skellington, and I made a smiley/winking spider.  We were pretty proud of ourselves.  (and yes, Julia, we copied your idea from last year)  Also, some friends invited us over for FHE and we decorated Halloween sugar cookies.  Most of these Alia decorated herself, with just a tiny bit of help from Mom.  I particularly like the tie-dyed ghost.

 Here are the costumes:

 We went to our Ward Trunk-or-Treat, and Alia got a taste (literally) of more to come.
 Our costume parade, to show off all the hard work:
 Snacks...Alia ate a whole apple, core and all before I could stop her. :)

 The Methodist church down the street also had a Trunk-or-Treat, so we thought we'd make a visit.  And they had games and a playground! :)
Okay, this might be my favorite picture EVER of Alia.  (except she looks way to grown up)

On the afternoon of Halloween, Alia was invited to a Kid's Party at our friends' house.  They had lots of treats, crafts, and games.  She had a blast!
 All the little party animals

And then if that wasn't enough, it was on to the main event, Halloween Night!  First we met up with some friends at Chipotle for $2 meals (if you're in costume), and then we went to a local park where there was a costume parade, and LOTS of kids.  And then on to a couple blocks of Trick-or-Treating with Alia's bestie, Camilla.  I wasn't sure how Alia would deal with this, but she loved it.  She really got into saying "Tick-or-TEAT!" and being admired by everyone who saw her.  She's such a ham! (no idea where that could've come from)  We had to drag her to the car when it was time to go home.

 Happy Halloween!  I hope you had as much fun as us this year! :)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

So darling! And you guys look pretty great too! So wish she could've gone with Kaia. They' have been peas in a pod.

emilyaaa said...

oh my word, I'm going to gobble that sweet delicious niece of mine up! She really is looking so big and sooooo cute! And i can't even say how impressed I am that you MADE those costumes! You are amazing! They turned out so cute, and I'm so glad you got several chances to show them off!

Kevin Ashworth said...

!!

Fun Pictures of our Family