Friday, October 19, 2012

Backtrack - Rachel and Nathan Visit

This is WAY late, but I thought I'd put it in anyway.  After our trip out west, my little sis, Rachel flew back with me.  And Jared and his bro, Nathan, took a road trip back to NC (bringing home our new car - yay!).  It was so much fun to have Rachel here.  Alia had a blast with her awesome aunt.  And I'm told Jared and Nate had a great time rocking to Rush on their cross country adventure.  Here are some pix from the visit:

We went hiking at Eno River.  It was beautiful and a lot of fun:

Blueberry and blackberry picking and eating.  Alia couldn't contain herself!  Mmm-mmm good!
No trip to Durham is complete without a trip to the Duke store! :)
I took Rachel and Alia on a day trip to the beach.  We played in the water and ate yummy seafood - Rach was NOT a fan of the oysters! :)
Beautiful Duke Gardens and Duke Chapel (sorry some of the pix are on their side)
We enjoyed some great local fare, including BBQ (of course), a yummy German bakery, and Ethiopian (Alia LOVED this!)
Jared took the gals to the Life and Science Museum to see the bears, wolves, butterflies, etc.
Oh, and Rachel got a super cute haircut.  I wonder who her hair stylist is? :)
We had so much fun, Rachel and Nathan.  Thanks for visiting!
(and hopefully this give you all a taste of some of the fun there is to be had here if you come visit...hint hint)

1 comment:

cowbell kelly said...

She is soooo darling!! I know think she's looking a lot like Jared. And the pic of her looking at the water is awesome.

Fun Pictures of our Family