Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July

We've been having some technical difficulties with blogger lately.  So that combined with being crazy busy...and lazy...I'm gonna have to play major catch up on all that's been happening with the Ashworths.

But, first thing's first.  Happy (late) 4th of July!  We had a fairly low-key 4th, but it was a good one.  I had bought some fabric back in February for a patriotic dress for Alia, and then I promptly forgot about it...until Tuesday (right before the 4th).  So, I found a quick and easy dress pattern online, sized it down to fit Alia, and sewed away.  I think it turned out pretty dang cute tho!  Of course it helps that the wearer is such a doll!  She wore the dress for a bit on the 4th, and then wore for church on Sunday.

We decided last minute not to do fireworks...partially cuz we're lame, but mostly cuz we didn't want to mess with Alia's sleep (not worth it when she wouldn't really care all that much anyway).  But we did do some fun grilling.  Jared grilled up some corn-on-the-cob, jalapenos, yummy peppers w/cheese,  and eggplant.  And then we just had some cheese, tomatoes, and bread with it.  All (well mostly) fresh from the farm.  It was delicious!

Then we watched some local fireworks on TV (lame - not AT ALL the same as in person) and a movie.  All-in-all, it was a relaxing, but fun Independence Day.

Here's a couple pix of Alia in her dress:
And in her other 4th get-up (thanks Aunt Annie and cousins Aloria and Claire)
Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

oh, that fabric did turn out soooo cute! I knew it would. Darling dress. And, thought of you as we drove through Davis last week. sigh. Come visit us soon!

cowbell kelly said...

She's getting so big!

Fun Pictures of our Family