Thursday, October 8, 2009

Haircuts and Rainy Days

So, one of the biggest adjustments to our new home is the weather. Apparently we had a relatively mild summer, but we still endured many a hot and humid day. But, now we have entered hurricane season. Since we're far enough inland, we don't have any actual hurricanes here, but we get some pretty serious showers. We've had many overcast days with sporadic rain throughout the day, but once in a while it POURS!

So, Jared often rides his bike to school. The other evening, Jared was getting ready to ride home from school. It started to drizzle, but Jared thought that he could beat the storm. How wrong he was! By the time he got home (within about 15 min of leaving campus), Jared was soaked completely through. He literally looked like he had jumped into a swimming pool, backpack and all. We ended up having to throw his backpack and shoes in the dryer, and I had to spend the next 30 min or so drying his books and homework with a blow dryer. Good times...

Here's Jared right after he walked in the front door after his "adventurous" bike ride.

Well, maybe it's the dreary weather, but I've been feeling pretty crazy lately and on a whim I decided to hack all my hair off. It is quite possibly the shortest I've ever had. Needless to say, Jared was pretty shocked, but I think he felt better when we compared hair and confirmed that it is still (just barely) longer than his. It is pretty funny because I can fo-hawk my hair better than Jared. He's a little jealous. :) But, it's spunky and fun, and it makes me stick out even more here down south! But, what do you do?
Here's the cut! It makes the reddish panels really pop. Jared thinks I could be a TiGi (Bedhead) hair model now.

2 comments:

emilyaaa said...

oh, i love it!! what are all those peeps in the south going to do with you and all your spunk?!?!?

Diane Gale said...

Actually, I like it! But then I'm partial to the person modeling this new do...

Fun Pictures of our Family