Okay, we just gave our 30 days notice to our landlord, and not a day too soon! We are currently living right next to a forest, so we've definitely seen our share of bugs, frogs, and rodents. Some of the biggest spiderwebs are formed almost instantaneously right outside our door. We have also seen "presents" left by an uninvited house guest (A MOUSE!). We've laid out traps, but I think the mouse is taunting us, because all I've seen is more "gifts" right by the traps. It's like he's saying, "Nice try, but I'm way too smart for that". I've had to take all my food storage and put it in containers that he can't get into, and all my stuff is out of the pantry and on the counters. It's really getting annoying, not to mention gross.
Also, they supposedly spray our apartments weekly to help keep the bugs out, so most of the ones that actually make it into the house are nearing death. But once in a while, one particularly lively spider, cricket, or need I say COCKROACH makes it through the door. Tonight's surprise was quite possibly the most disgusting yet. We found an incredibly large and very much alive cockroach kicking it on our toilet paper roll in the bathroom. But, before Jared vacuumed it up (which is our removal method of choice), we decided to take a picture to show you.
I can't wait to get out of here (esp. this dang apartment)! Just 4 3/4 yrs to go...


2 comments:
Yuk! Don't blame you. Are you able to sleep?
oh, kristie--that is disgusting!!! between the humidity and the bugs i really don't know how people stand living in the east!! okay, okay, sure it has great "history" and beautiful trees, beaches, etc...but seriously?? the bugs??? it's just too much.
Good luck surviving the next two weeks....
Post a Comment