Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

This Easter was a lot of fun.  Alia is old enough to kinda get what's going on, and she's particularly fun to dress up.  I went a little nuts with her Easter outfit, but even though it's pretty fancy and impractical, she looks so dang cute it's worth it!  Check out my doll:
I also made myself an Easter skirt.  This was the first time I've ever really made something for myself.  Unfortunately the skirt wrinkles like crazy, but it's still cute.
Here in Durham, there was an Easter Egg Hunt/Party put on by a couple local churches and the YMCA.  It was fun to take Alia to.  There were bouncy toys, face painting, live music, and of course egg hunts (with over 10,000 eggs!).  The weather was perfect for some outdoor fun.
They had different sections for the kids' ages, and it was packed in the 0-3 group.  So, I picked Alia up and when they let us go in, I weaved through the crowds and ran her to the back end of the section.  Then I put her down and let her gather all the eggs she could.  She got about 10 eggs before the other kids even made it to her...then she tried giving 'em to all the other kids. Such a good sharer! :)
The live band was some local kids.  Alia had so much fun "dancing" to the music.  She got a lot of attention with how cute she was.  These videos  don't really do it justice, but she's just so fun!
They also had a tip bucket.  I gave Alia a dollar and told her to put it in the bucket.  She waddled over to it, dropped it in, then started dancing right there.  Getting her money's worth!
Then on Sunday, we had a little visit from the Easter Bunny.  Alia got a stuffed kangaroo and some eggs.  There were a couple jelly beans in the eggs so they would make noise when she shook them.  But, of course she figured out how to open them and before we knew it, she was tasting her first candy...
After church, we had an Easter Potluck with a group of our friends.  We made a yummy prosciutto-wrapped rolled pork roast stuffed with mushrooms, apples, and kale with baked apples.  With all the other food that was brought, this meal was very tasty!
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

you made the skirt out of cotton, huh! I need to stop doing that. I never wear them because I never iron them.

Kirsten said...

SO cute. I knew you would go all out with the purple one. really good job!
I showed B the first picture and asked him who it was. Immediately he said Kaia. When I said no, then he guessed Alia. Glad you had a fun holiday!

cowbell kelly said...

I followed you to your blog:)

Um....I'm huge.

And Alia'a 2 bottom teeth are killing me when she smiles:)

Would you mind emailing me some of those pics? I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures:(

Fun Pictures of our Family